Fund Management Overview
To provide those working in Fund Management Operations or with fund managers with a clear and complete overview of what fund management involves.
No specific prior knowledge is assumed but delegates should have at least 3 months' experience in or with a fund management operation.
- Overview of Fund Management Industry
- Role of Custodians
- What do Fund Managers look for in investments?
- Investment Principles.
- Main asset classes, characteristics and returns.
- Fund Management operation structure.
- Specialist investments and their uses.
- Types of analysis.
- Equity risks, returns, sector and stock selection.
- Market forces.
- Investment approaches and common strategies.
- Bond types, risks, returns and selection.
- Bond Yields.
- Bond Credit Ratings.
- Bond Portfolios.
- Hedge Fund Overview.
- Real Estate Overview.
- Investment class historical returns and lessons.
- Institutional portfolios: what and why?
- Fund Management Issues and Risks.
- Potfolio construction approaches.
- Asset allocation process.
- Client need definition.
- Benchmark selection and use.
- How portfolios change over time and why. Rebalancing.
- Futures and Options outline.
- Futures and Options uses in Portfolio Management.
Investment Education PLC